The Henry and Stark County Health Departments and their First Choice Healthcare Clinics it’s the time of year to look ahead to preventing sickness during the upcoming holiday and infectious season. It’s important to alert the public, that with masking guidance being lifted and indoor activities becoming the norm; Covid-19, Flu, RSV and Common Cold infections will be and are already on the rise. Therefore, we offer some suggestions on how to help keep germs away during gatherings and activities and the infectious season.
We know small social gatherings are places where infectious diseases like COVID-19, Influenza, RSV and Colds can quickly spread. So remember, it’s important to enjoy the season’s traditions in good health by taking steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 and other infections. The following are additional safety tips shared by the CDC:
• Stay up to date with COVID-19 & Flu vaccines
• Avoid contact with others who are sick and know what to do if you're exposed
• If you are sick or feel symptoms, stay home! Skip the gathering or get-together if you aren’t feeling well.
• Get tested if you aren’t feeling well
• Take precautions in crowded or indoor events as informed by your County’s Covid-19 Community Level, like wearing a mask
• If you’re hosting celebrations, include outdoor spaces if possible and review options for improving ventilation in your home. This can help you reduce virus particles in your home and keep Covid-19 or other infections from spreading.
• Keep your hands clean.
The Henry & Stark County Health Departments and First Choice Healthcare are pleased to remind local residents they still have Covid-19 Bivalent Booster Vaccine for Adults and Children 6 Years+; and Adult and Children’s Flu vaccine.
Adults & Children 6 years+ can get their Covid-19 Bivalent Boosters at either the First Choice Healthcare Kewanee or Colona location on a “Walk-In Basis” (Monday-Friday 8am-4pm). Adult flu vaccine is also available on a “Walk-In Basis.” Children’s flu is available by appointment at both locations Kewanee 309-852-5272, Colona 309-792-4011.