The Henry & Stark County Health Departments & our First Choice Healthcare Clinics note that April 9-15 is STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) Awareness Week; therefore, we remind local residents of our new PrEP/HIV Prevention program & services.
This new PrEP/HIV Prevention grant includes and provides to local residents:
• Completely confidential and inclusive safe sex education, including how to reduce risk of HIV transmission
• HIV testing for general screening or post-exposure to HIV
• Assessment of individual risk and potential need for PrEP or PEP treatment
• Counseling about PrEP and PEP treatment and necessary monitoring
• Prescribing prophylactic PrEP medication (Oral or Injectable) OR
• Prescribing PEP medication, to reduce risk of HIV after a possible exposure
The Health Department and First Choice Healthcare staff note that another aspect to this important health grant and initiative is that funds are available to help participants to received services and needed medications.
First Choice Healthcare Clinic staff can help participants navigate financial assistance, for different types of insurance (or lack of insurance):
• Medicaid insurance
o covers treatment 100%
• No insurance or private insurance?
o Financial assistance is available easily through the state.
For more information, call the First Choice Healthcare Clinic nearest you Kewanee (309) 852-5272 or Colona (309) 792-4011 or visit our website at www.henrystarkhealth.com or find us on Facebook at Henry and Stark County Health Departments or Follow Us On Twitter and Instagram.