The Henry & Stark County Health Department & First Choice Healthcare remind all local residents that they now offer Mental Health Services. Through a partnership with North Central Behavioral Health Services, as well as our own Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners and Mental Health Therapists, First Choice Healthcare is pleased to be able to offer this support to our community.
Consider the following Mental & Behavioral Health Facts:
- 1 in 5 US adults experience mental illness each year, and less than half of them receive treatment.
- 1 in 6 US youth experience mental illness each year, and only half of them receive treatment.
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24.
- The average delay between onset of mental illness symptoms and treatment is 11 years.
- 60% of Americans are concerned about the stigma and around mental illness.
There are many reasons an individual may seek treatment. Our providers are prepared to support patients aged 5 and above who may be struggling with depression, anxiety, stress, substance abuse and addictions, behavior problems, bipolar disorder, family/parenting issues, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia and other related disorders, sexual assault, suicide prevention, trauma and loss.
For more information on Mental Health services or to schedule an appointment simply call First Choice Healthcare in Kewanee at 309-852-5272! Help and understanding are just a phone call away.